Image Credit: creativecallproject.ru
For psychology and psychiatry, one of the most important phenomena is the psychopathy. The behavior of a person with these characteristics, can lead one to think that it is potentially dangerous have a relationship with someone like that .However, looking closely at the phenomenon, we can figure out how many people around us can be branded as psychopaths. Do you know how to recognize a psychopath? Well, let’s take a look at this issue.
Psychopathic personality traits:
Psychopathy is a disorder that undermines social capacity. Individuals who have these traits, usually have a marked coldness or apathy, unable to admit guilt or remorse for an act.
A psychopathic personality is manipulative, takes advantage for himself and, although clearly understand the difference between good and bad of their actions, little or nothing matters to them. These characteristics affect the entire social fabric of the psychopath. Thus, people with this personality type have lack of affection or expressive gestures; their behavior can be excessively narcissistic, showing a marked egocentrism.
The charming psychopaths:
One of its particular features , despite feeling superior to the rest of the world and always want to move it as they want. They sacrifice everything and everyone but themselves to achieve their Machiavellian purposes. The psychopaths can be kind, sympathizing with people who they wish to manipulate.
In most psychopaths, signs of nervousness or anxiety are almost absent; they seem to be perfectly controlling what they say or think, because psychopaths have a high level of intelligence. They can flagrant and lie without any regrets whatsoever just to achieve their mission. The person with psychopathy demonstrates a high level of irresponsibility and lack of commitments.
Image Credit: wordpress.com
How to recognize a psychopath:
Psychopaths are not necessarily sinister characters who kill their victims, as seen in the TV series or films; you can be crossing with them in the neighborhood, work, university or public transport.
Basically, psychopaths are just human beings walking around you; so, it is possible that your neighbor, best friend, your lover, your sibling or even your parents can be one of them, and you had no idea whatsoever. Scary, isn’t it? So let’s point out the facts as to how to recognize a psychopath –
-If someone you know shows lack of emotions or emotions that are reverse to the situation, he/she might be a psychopath. For example, if there is a situation where the person should be angry, but instead he/she keeps weirdly smiling – you should be aware of that one.
– If you notice someone is only being careful to the people whom he/she needs something from, is probably a psychopath.
– If anyone from your known circle seems to be having a need to have control over everything or everyone, is probably a psychopath.
– If you have a friend who rarely show empathy or emotions, suddenly getting over-excited over some particular thing, might be a psychopath.
– Do you know someone who has the insane need to win every argument or make everyone agree to him/her? If so, there is a big chance that the one is a psychopath.
– If someone loves to keep secrets and more importantly loves to collect other people’s secrets, is probably a psychopath; and there is a strong possibility that he/she will use it against the people whom the secrets have been collected from.
– If your new neighbor doesn’t talk to anyone but weirdly stares at people from behind the window or fence, and whenever you get eye-to-eye, he/she just looks away, then he/she most probably have a psychopathic personality.
Causes and Treatment:
The human behavior has many variants, which becomes fascinating study. The brain, with its complexity of perceptions and world views, shows that this body indeed determines our human condition, for better or worse.
Although the phenomenon has been studied in the social sciences and psychology, so far there is no scientific evidence that can prove what the real origin of psychopathy . Neither the traditional treatment of psychiatry seems to have a true effect of improvement in the behavior of these kinds of individuals.
Now that you have some ideas about how to recognize a psychopath, you should be able to detect them and keep away from them. Moreover, if you have some ideas or knowledge about this matter, please enlighten us and help us to improve; and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.